Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 15, 2011: OW!

The dentist decided that my pain was coming from the exposed socket where my wisdom tooth was. He shot me up with novocaine, sliced open my gum, pulled it up over the socket and sewed it in place. He said that would fix it.

After the meds wore off I was in tremendous pain. I went to see Jim anyway because we were supposed to work on the taxes. I hurt so much that instead of watching his therapy, I went to his room, took pain pills and went to sleep.

I called the dentist and he prescribed medrol dose pack. He said that I was supposed to be resting. He told me to gargle salt water and take advil.

I went home and took more meds and fell asleep on the sofa at 7 PM. I was in bed by 8:30. I slept okay.

This morning the pain is tolerable. I am at the office. I barely ate anything all day yesterday. I was afraid to chew. Now I'm hungry. Hopefully I'll be able to at least eat oatmeal.

Last night Dr Wenzel called from TIRR. She said she was checking up on Jim. I told her that he was having a urology study on Friday. I asked her about his curled up fingers. She said she might use botox on them when he returns to TIRR. Jim has an appointment with her on April 5th. I hope he will be ready to go back into TIRR at that time.

No comments: