Friday, March 11, 2011

March 11, 2011: It's Friday.

I don't usually work on Fridays. But today I'm covering for my boss. She doesn't take many days off so I don't mind doing it.

Kevin called me this morning to let me know that he and Tomoko are okay. I woke up to the radio reporting an earthquake in Japan. I got up and turned on the TV. Tokyo was 240 miles from the epicenter. Kevin said the buildings all shook. Things flew out of the cabinets in his kitchen. But, even his kitty cat made it through without injury.

My tooth extraction site still hurts. The dentist said it would stop hurting after the thrush went away. I finally did get rid of the thrush in my mouth by putting nystatin ointment on my tongue. Yucky, but at least it worked. I'd call the dentist today but the office is closed on Fridays. Maybe it will stop hurting by Monday.

Jim said that he stayed in bed all day yesterday. He was trying to catch up on the sleep he missed when he had to go to the emergency room. Unfortunately, the nursing and cleaning staff kept waking him up. I hope he feels better now. I will go visit him after work today.

I am feeling much better now that I am on 3 different antidepressants. I've stopped investigating suicide methods on the internet. I knew I was sick while I was doing it. So, I found a psychiatrist who prescribed the medicine for me. I have so much to cope with it and I have to do it all by myself. I think this tragedy would be very hard on anyone. I am not ashamed of needing the medicine. I'm proud of myself for being able to find a doctor, make an appointment and get the antidepressants that I needed. I am now able to function without crying and being miserable. I have to talk to doctors, nurses, health equipment companies, etc. etc. I need my strength to deal with all of it.

Jim's attitude has been pretty upbeat through this tragedy. He works very hard on his physical and occupational therapy. He is determined to get better.

I had good news yesterday. The wheelchair company got the okay from Aetna and placed the order for Jim's chair. I think it will make him much more comfortable.

No comments: